- The Audubon Canyon Ranch field trip is next Friday, November 2. If you have not yet done so, please return your child's field trip permission slip. If you volunteered to drive, look for an email coming next week for instructions and arrival times. Finally, don't forget to pack a bagged lunch for your child for Friday's trip!
- We had a blast at Walker Creek last week! It was an amazing 4 days filled with personal growth, friendship and community building, and awesome educational experiences in a beautiful setting. Be sure to check out a few pictures from the trip on the home page. Thank you for making the trip possible!
Parent Teacher Conference Sign Up
- If you have not yet done so, please take a moment to sign up for fall parent teacher conferences. I'm looking forward to meeting with all of you!
Field Trip Driver Form
- If you plan on driving on field trips this year, please make sure your copy of the Field Trip Driver Form along with a copy of your declaration page with policy limits is on file with the front office. A copy of the driver form is attached below.
- We are in our first unit of "Interpretation Book Clubs." Students are learning strategies to improve their writing about reading. They are focusing on how story elements interact and how details support larger ideas.
- Next week, we'll launch our first round of book clubs. Students will work in small groups to have engaging discussions about the story elements and themes of their books are revealed.
- How can I help my child with Write about Reading at home?
- Weekly Write about Reading assignments this semester will focus on using something called a 4-C paragraph(and occasional variations) to draft responses.
- We are currently continuing our narrative writing unit. In this unit, students will be crafting a personal narrative, paying close attention to elaboration through detail and description, traveling slowly over the ideas of their topic, grounding the writing in a wealth of specificity, and returning to important sections to tell them in a bit-by-bit way.
- We will be wrapping up our study of volume and numerical expressions next week.
- Our next unit of study will be on Fractions. For more information, please see the attached family letter below. In addition to an overview of the unit, the family letter also includes at-home activities you can try with your child as well as answers for the Home Links questions.
- We are currently studying the five major Native American regions. Through a series of engaging activities and small group work, students will discuss misconceptions, explore migration patterns, and compare and contrast Native American culture, lifestyles, economies, and systems of government in each region.
- After wrapping unit on why stars change with the seasons, students began looking at the Earth's spheres and how they interact. Ask your little scientist to identify one or two examples of Earth's spheres interacting as you drive home one day this week.